[Lcdproc] Zalman HD135

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Zalman HD135
  • Date: Wed Feb 27 18:34:02 2008

Hi,

On Sunday, 24. February 2008, Daryl F wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Dom H wrote:
> > I'm having trouble getting this working with LCDproc. I have built the
> > latest cvs source but am not sure what config options under the
> > hd44780 driver section I need.
> >
> > I have tried conection type as lis2, but I don't know which /dev it is
> > connected to though, how can I find out which device the serial-usb
> > driver has created? There is no /dev/ttyusb on my system but the ftdi
> > converter driver has definitely loaded.
> >

> > Any advice appreciated.
> >

> > Thanks
>
> I think `ls /dev/ttyUSB*' may find the device if your loading the ftdi
> kernel module.
>
> Also, lis2 won't work for the HD135 per Sean Meiner's note to this list on
> October 8, 2007 Re: [Lcdproc] Zalman HD135/VlSys MPlay Blast driver
>
> That posting also included a patch to add a new device called mplay. If
> you are any good with patching you might try the patch. You can find the
> email in the list archive.
>
> Apparently the patch was never committed to CVS as Sean didn't supply the
> documenation our kind friend Peter Marschall asked for.
>
> If you feel up to it maybe ask Peter if you could supply the docs. If the
> driver patch works it might all be committed to CVS, making it more
> accessible to all and get include in the next release of lcdproc.
>
> I'm not sure what the policy is on an apparently abandoned patch like this
> so be sure to check with Peter before you commit effort to it.
>
> That's about as far as I can help as I don't have that particular display.

Although i did not receive the documentation, I found a strong similarity to
the existing lis2 backend, so instead of adding a new backend with only
minimally different code, I extended the lis2 backend to also serve the new
connection type mplay.
Unfortunately, not owning the hardware I was not able to test it.

So you might try
ConnectionType = mplay
which BTW is documented.

Please test and report feedback.

Usually my policy on code dumped to the ML that I consider unfit for
inclusion
is to let it rot there, if the original submitter (or any other kind soul)
does not care for it.
If the original submitter did not care, but someone else steps up and takes
over, this is abolutely fine with me.

Regards
Peter

--