[Lcdproc] NT3881D with HD44780 Driver Issues

  • From: c.plant AT lancaster.ac.uk (Chris Plant)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] NT3881D with HD44780 Driver Issues
  • Date: Tue Feb 19 18:41:01 2008

Hello,

I have connected a 40x4 LCD screen which uses a NT3881D driver chip to
the parallel port on my PC104-based Linux machine (I intend to develop
a client for LCDProc for my needs). The screen displays an (almost)
correct image, however I'm getting lots of mis-placed or not refreshed
areas so that the image is garbled. I've read the docs online and
have checked my voltage levels and they're all above 4.9V.

My question is:

+ Is this a rise-time issue? If so will pull-ups correct this?
+ Are there any other potential causes?

I have a picture of the type of output I'm getting which I can place
online or privately email if required.

Regards,

Chris Plant

  • [Lcdproc] NT3881D with HD44780 Driver Issues, Chris Plant, 02/19/2008