[Lcdproc] cwlinux usb 12832

  • From: dplatt AT radagast.org (Dave Platt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] cwlinux usb 12832
  • Date: Fri Feb 15 01:32:02 2008

> I had usb-serial generic, did not have ftdi. Recompiled with ftdi.
> No change

My bad. Didn't read carefully enough.

The USB data indicates that this is not an FTDI-based device.

Rather, it's based on the Prolific PL2303, and uses the generic
USB manufacturer/device ID for a 2303.

Recompile with the Prolific PL2303 support enabled, and load that
driver.

The PL2303 driver support in Linux is pretty good - I use a generic
serial adapter with this chip with no trouble at all. If I recall
correctly, such devices usually do not have a device-specific serial
number - Prolific does support this capability but I think it requires
that the vendor add an EEPROM.

You can see if there's such an ID by doing "lsusb -v", I think.