[Lcdproc] cwlinux usb 12832

  • From: list-catcher AT hellburner.com (list-catcher)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] cwlinux usb 12832
  • Date: Thu Feb 14 20:06:03 2008

> list-catcher wrote:
>> Hello,
>> This is probably a really noob question but I don't see it anywhere
>> obvious in the docs. I've got a cwlinux usb 12832. In LCDd.conf
>> model=12832 doesn't work but bumps back to 12232. Also I can't figure
>> out what to set DEVICE to. I have no /dev/lcd.
>> lsusb gives me
>>
>> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial
>> Port
>>
>> Ok, it's a USB->Serial converter. So...what serial port?
>>

>> Thanks
> Try "dmesg | grep tty", it's probably /dev/ttyUSB0 .

I'm using udev.

sfullenwider@aristotle /dev $ dmesg | grep tty
console [tty0] enabled
serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
sfullenwider@aristotle /dev $ ls /dev/usb
ls: cannot access /dev/usb: No such file or directory

So, I assume that it's ttyS0. There are two of those:
sfullenwider@aristotle /dev $ find -name *ttyS0*
./ttyS0
./.udev/names/ttyS0

running lcdproc C in one ssh session while running LCDd -f another
provides lots of sock_send: socket write error

Must not be /dev/ttyS0.

/dev/.udev/names/ttyS0 is a directory with just this in it.

aristotle ~ # ls -Al /dev/.udev/names/ttyS0
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Feb 13 23:50 \x2fclass\x2ftty\x2fttyS0

I don't know what that is, but attempting it didn't work either.

General info:

aristotle ~ # uname -a
Linux aristotle 2.6.23-gentoo-r3 #2 Wed Jan 30 02:56:15 EST 2008 x86_64
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

aristotle ~ # lcdproc -v
LCDproc 0.5.2
aristotle ~ # LCDd -help
LCDd - LCDproc Server Daemon, 0.5.2

Configs:
## Server section with all kinds of settings for the LCDd server ##
[server]

# Tells the server to load the given drivers. Multiple lines can be given.
# The name of the driver is case sensitive and determines the section
# where to look for further configuration options of the specific driver
# as well as the name of the dynamic driver module to load at runtime.
# The latter one can be changed by giving af File= directive in the
# driver specific section.
#
# The following drivers are supported:
# bayrad, CFontz, CFontz633, CFontzPacket, curses, CwLnx, ea65,
# EyeboxOne, g15, glcdlib, glk, hd44780, icp_a106, imon, IOWarrior,
# irman, joy, lb216, lcdm001, lcterm, lirc, MD8800, ms6931, mtc_s16209x,
# MtxOrb, NoritakeVFD, picolcd, pyramid, sed1330, sed1520, serialPOS,
# serialVFD, sli, stv5730, svga, t6963, text, tyan, ula200, xosd
Driver=CwLnx

# Tells the driver to bind to the given interface
Bind=127.0.0.1

# Listen on this specified port; defaults to 13666.
Port=13666

# Sets the reporting level; defaults to 2 (warnings and errors only).
#ReportLevel=3

# Should we report to syslog instead of stderr ? Default: no
#ReportToSyslog=yes

# Sets the default time in seconds to displays a screen.
WaitTime=5

# User to run as. LCDd will drop its root priviledges,
# if any, and run as this user instead.
User=nobody

# If yes, the the serverscreen will be rotated as a usual info screen. If no,
# it will be a background screen, only visible when no other screens are
# active.
#ServerScreen=no

# The server will stay in the foreground if set to true.
#Foreground=no

# Where can we find the driver modules ?
# IMPORTANT: Make sure to change this setting to reflect your
# specific setup! Otherwise LCDd won't be able to find
# the driver modules and will thus not be able to
# function properly.
# NOTE: Always place a slash as last character !
DriverPath=/usr/lib64/lcdproc/

# GoodBye message: each entry represents a display line; default: builtin
#GoodBye="Thanks for using"
#GoodBye=" LCDproc!"

# The "...Key=" lines define what the server does with keypresses that
# don't go to any client.
# These are the defaults:
ToggleRotateKey=Enter
PrevScreenKey=Left
NextScreenKey=Right
#ScrollUpKey=Up
#ScrollDownKey=Down

# If you have only 4 keys, you can choose to use this:
#ToggleRotateKey=Enter
#PrevScreenKey=Up
#NextScreenKey=Down

# If you have only 3 keys, you can choose to use this:
#ToggleRotateKey=Enter
#PrevScreenKey=Up

## The menu section. The menu is an internal LCDproc client. ##
[menu]
# You can configure what keys the menu should use. Note that the MenuKey
# will be reserved exclusively, the others work in shared mode.

# The following works excellent with 4 keys or more.
MenuKey=Escape
EnterKey=Enter
UpKey=Up
DownKey=Down
# If you have 6 keys you may define these as well
#LeftKey=Left
#RightKey=Right

# If you have only 3 keys, you could use something like this:
#MenuKey=Escape
#EnterKey=Enter
#DownKey=Down

### Driver sections are below this line, in alphabetical order ###

## Cwlinux driver ##
[CwLnx]

#Model=12232
Model=12832

Device=/dev/ttyS0

Size=20x4

Speed=19200

Reboot=no

Keypad=yes

--------------------
# LCDproc client configuration file

## general options ##
[lcdproc]
# address of the LCDd server to connect to
Server=localhost

# Port of the server to connect to
Port=13666

# set reporting level
ReportLevel=2

# report to to syslog ?
ReportToSyslog=false

# run in foreground [default: false; legal: true, false]
Foreground=true

# slow down initial announcement of modes (in 1/100s)
#delay=2

# display name for the main menu [default: LCDproc HOST]
#DisplayName=lcdproc

## screen specific configuration options ##

[CPU]
# Show screen
Active=True
OnTime=1
OffTime=2
ShowInvisible=false

[Iface]
# Show screen
Active=True

# Show stats for Interface0
Interface0=eth0
# Interface alias name to display [default: <interface name>]
Alias0=LAN

# Show stats for Interface1
#Interface1=eth1
#Alias1=WAN

# Show stats for Interface2
#Interface2=eth2
#Alias2=MGMT

# for more than 3 interfaces change MAX_INTERFACES in iface.h and rebuild

# Units to display [default: byte; legal: byte, bit, packet]
unit=bit

# add screen with transferred traffic
#transfer=TRUE

[Memory]
# Show screen
Active=True

[Load]
# Show screen
Active=True
# Min Load Avg at which the backlight will be turned off [default: 0.05]
LowLoad=0.05
# Max Load Avg at which the backlight will start blinking [default: 1.3]
HighLoad=1.3

[TimeDate]
# Show screen
Active=True
# time format [default: %H:%M:%S; legal: see strftime(3)]
TimeFormat="%H:%M:%S"
# date format [default: %x; legal: see strftime(3)]
DateFormat="%x"

[About]
# Show screen
Active=false

[SMP-CPU]
# Show screen
Active=false

[OldTime]
# Show screen
Active=false
# time format [default: %H:%M:%S; legal: see strftime(3)]
TimeFormat="%H:%M:%S"
# date format [default: %x; legal: see strftime(3)]
DateFormat="%x"

[BigClock]
# Show screen
Active=false

[Uptime]
# Show screen
Active=false

[Battery]
# Show screen
Active=false

[CPUGraph]
# Show screen
Active=false

[ProcSize]
# Show screen
Active=false

[Disk]
# Show screen
Active=false

[MiniClock]
# Show screen
Active=True
# time format [default: %H:%M; legal: see strftime(3)]
TimeFormat="%H:%M"

# EOF