[Lcdproc] Text getting "offset" on a 24x2 hd44780 display

  • From: peter AT kahn.nu (Peter Andersson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Text getting "offset" on a 24x2 hd44780 display
  • Date: Mon Feb 11 22:17:01 2008

Thanks for the quick reply!
I have tried just about every option available in the configuration for
the display. But nothing seems to help.
When i start mythtv (as an LCDd client) i have also noticed that the
diplay starts scrolling even though it is not necessary. I have also
noticed that when i switch screens the screen gets offset with four
characters for each screen change.
For instance if a line displayed on the lcd contains the info:

Main Menu

After a screen switch the line would read:

Main menu
^^^^

And the display is 24 characters and two lines. Just to make sure i have
counted the characters.

Any other ideas would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

/Peter