[Lcdproc] Multiple hd44780's on serial port

  • From: loosen AT xs4all.nl (Bob van Loosen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Multiple hd44780's on serial port
  • Date: Mon Feb 11 17:16:03 2008

Hi everyone,

I have two 16x2 hd44780 displays connected to a PIC18F4550.
A tsop1756 is connected to the microcontroller's usart and I have an IR
modulator
I made with a PIC16F84A connected to my computer's serial port.
This allows me to send rs232 data over infrared to the PIC18F4550 at
1200 baud.

To control two lcd's I have hacked LCDd so I can use two displays with
the LCD Serializer protocol.

Because I don't really want to apply my own patches whenever a new
version comes out, I would like
to implement a different protocol in the PIC18F4550, however since so
many protocols are supported,
I'm having a hard time picking the best protocol.

I hope someone can give me a nudge in the right direction.

If there is no suitable protocol, is there anyone interested in adding
features to the LCD Serializer protocol?
It shouldn't be that hard, the only two things that have to be added are
lcd selection and backlight control.

Regards,

Bob van Loosen.

  • [Lcdproc] Multiple hd44780's on serial port, Bob van Loosen, 02/11/2008