[Lcdproc] Patches for iMON LCD (for example in Antec Fusion Black)

  • From: dean AT codeka.com (Dean Harding)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patches for iMON LCD (for example in Antec Fusion Black)
  • Date: Sun Jan 27 02:11:02 2008

Robert Buchholz wrote:
> On Saturday 08 September 2007, Dean Harding wrote:
> I have some user request for inclusion of the driver in Gentoo, but I'd
> like to see it included in upstream CVS first. The only concerns right
> now with your patch are the missing documentation. Can you update your
> patch so Peter would consider committing it?
> Besides that, what is the status of it (open issues, TODOs)?
>
> Just for all others, the most current version I found is here:
> http://codeka.com/blogs/imon/lcdproc-0.5.2-imonlcd-0.3.patch

I've set up some forums on my site (http://codeka.com/forums/) where you
can post questions, etc.

As for open issues, the main one is support for non-ASCII characters.
I've got glyphs for some characters, but the problem at the moment is
encoding. I need to implement some method to specify the encoding of the
incoming text and translate it to UTF-8 or something so I can choose the
correct glyph.

Other than that, some people are reporting issues with stability (though
I have a feeling it may be hardware related -- it's not exactly high
quality) which I'm also working on. One of the things I'm thinking of
doing is making the "RENDER_FREQ" parameter, which is currently #defined
in server/main.h to 8, a configurable parameter. The reason is that the
iMON LCD is very heavy on the USB, and it artificially raises the
system's load because of all the data that is written to it. Setting
RENDER_FREQ to 1 seems to help, so that was something else I wanted to do.

But in any case, if you direct your users to http://codeka.com/forums/,
I'll be more than happy to help out with anything.

Dean.