[Lcdproc] hd44780 goes 4-bit

  • From: drzeus-list AT drzeus.cx (Pierre Ossman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 goes 4-bit
  • Date: Sun Dec 30 18:20:02 2007

Hi again,

I've scoped the stuff now and the waveform looks nice and clean. The delays
are also well within the specified limits. The card also already has a
pull-up, so now point in adding another one.

The module is a Samsung 16T202DA1 with a HD44780 compatible NEC D16314AGJ-011
chip on it. I don't suppose it has any know issues? I couldn't find a data
sheet for the chip to check for any special requirements.

I'll see if I can get the module replaced, in case it's simply broken in some
well hidden place.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman