[Lcdproc] hd44780 goes 4-bit

  • From: drzeus-list AT drzeus.cx (Pierre Ossman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 goes 4-bit
  • Date: Tue Dec 25 11:16:02 2007

Hi again everyone,

Since there seems to be little other activity, I might as well air another
problem. ;)

My display tends to crap out now and then. After a few days of fiddling, I've
figured out that it sometimes misinterprets some data transfers as an
instruction (RS has the wrong level). Combined with a character in the range
0x20-0x2F, it turns the display into 4-bit mode and everything goes to hell.

Has anyone seen anything like this and do you have any ideas what to do? The
display uses winamp wiring and I've tried two different parallel cards in
case there was a problem there.

Rgds

--
-- Pierre Ossman