[Lcdproc] Re: Do hd44780 lis2 VFDs work with LCDProc? (solved - steps on how to build a deb included)

  • From: ironstorm AT gmail.com (Garth Dahlstrom)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: Do hd44780 lis2 VFDs work with LCDProc? (solved - steps on how to build a deb included)
  • Date: Tue Dec 25 10:09:01 2007

To answer my own question, the L.I.S. MCE 2005 needs the 'lis' driver
available only in the CVS version of LCDProc (not found in Ubuntu's
package).

To get it going one needs to rebuild LCDProc from the nightly source
tarball... Here are the approximate steps to build a package for
Ubuntu.

sudo aptitude purge brltty # supposedly required to free up
/dev/ttyUSB0 on Ubuntu
sudo aptitude install libftdi-dev # lis won't build without ftdi.h

LPV=0.5.2
wget http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
# get CVS snapshot
wget
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/l/lcdproc/lcdproc_${LPV}-0ubuntu1.diff.gz
# get the /debian package subdir

tar -zxvf lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
ln -s lcdproc-CVS-current-`date +%Y%m%d` lcdproc-${LPV}

zcat lcdproc_${LPV}-0ubuntu1.diff.gz | patch -p0
rm lcdproc_${LPV}*.deb # delete any stale .debs
cd lcdproc-${LPV}

chmod +x debian/rules
debian/rules # the list of drivers to be built should include "lis"
debian/rules binary

sudo dpkg -i ../lcdproc_${LPV}*.deb # Answer Y to replace
/etc/LCDd.conf, so you get the [lis] config block
sudo nano /etc/LCDd.conf # change Driver=curses to Driver=lis
sudo /etc/init.d/LCDd restart

Cheers all,

-G

--
__

  • [Lcdproc] Re: Do hd44780 lis2 VFDs work with LCDProc? (solved - steps on how to build a deb included), Garth Dahlstrom, 12/25/2007