[Lcdproc] [RFE] hd44780 euro charmap

  • From: drzeus-list AT drzeus.cx (Pierre Ossman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [RFE] hd44780 euro charmap
  • Date: Sun Dec 23 21:53:02 2007

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 18:24:45 +0100
"Markus Dolze"
<bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is what the 'Charmap' setting in LCDd.conf is for. Three charmaps are
> already supplied (see server/drivers/hd44780_charmap). If you have one that
> is not already supported and have the spec for your display, you could
> implement one yourself easily.

Right. I already did that here to verify the table. But since it involves
running a modified LCDd, it isn't really that convenient. Hence this poke to
get it upstream.

> A lot of displays don't use Hitachi's original chip, but 'compatible' ones.
> I have seen different displays using different character sets (some
> manufacturers even provide custom ROM char maps), so there will probably no
> 'one fits all' solution.

Probably so. But since this seems to be one that Hitachi themselves ship as a
standard ROM, I figured it would be common enough to be included in LCDd.

> Anyway, at least someone should have a look at the spec you linked to.

Nothing would make me happier. :)

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman