[Lcdproc] flaky hd44780

  • From: drzeus-list AT drzeus.cx (Pierre Ossman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] flaky hd44780
  • Date: Thu Dec 20 13:57:02 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:58:08 +0500
"Dmitry E. Mikhailov"
<sexandvodka AT gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thursday 20 December 2007 10:53:14 am Pierre Ossman wrote:
>
> > I have a SilverStone L03v case with a parallell port HD44780 in it which
> > I've had some problem with. Lately, it went completely useless as the data
> > starting shuffling around the display like crazy.
> What exactly was was is looking like?

Every update or so, both lines shifted to the left. I guess the scroll
feature of the chip just moves everything every time there is a write to the
rightmost cells.

> I had a (may be similar) problem with my parallel 40x4 (pseudo-) HD44780
> display: top two lines were updated correctly, while bottom ones were just
> scrolled with original content.
>
> It was solved by rewiring LCD from 8bit to 4bit connection

This is not a custom built module, so I'd hope it is wired correctly. :)

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org