[Lcdproc] flaky hd44780

  • From: drzeus-list AT drzeus.cx (Pierre Ossman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] flaky hd44780
  • Date: Thu Dec 20 05:54:01 2007

Hi,

I have a SilverStone L03v case with a parallell port HD44780 in it which I've
had some problem with. Lately, it went completely useless as the data
starting shuffling around the display like crazy. After digging through the
specs I noticed some scroll feature in the hardware, and it proved to be the
problem.

So I'd like you guys to include the following in common_init() of the hd44780
driver:

p->hd44780_functions->senddata(p, 0, RS_INSTR, ENTRYMODE |
E_MOVERIGHT | NOSCROLL);
p->hd44780_functions->uPause(p, 40);

I've put it just before the CLEAR instruction and it solves the problem here.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org