[Lcdproc] MtxOrb driver needs some more attention - solid block cursor in recent versions

  • From: ethan.dicks AT gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] MtxOrb driver needs some more attention - solid block cursor in recent versions
  • Date: Fri Dec 14 18:03:01 2007

After fiddling mostly with 40x4 displays and usb2lcd over the past few
months, some change has snuck into the MtxOrb driver when I wasn't
looking, and there is once again a cosmetic problem on my VKD204
display.

I'm still trying to track down the exact change, but a nightly tarball
from 10 Oct 2006 looks perfect, but a nightly tarball from 23 Jul 2007
does not.

When kicking off LCDd with the problem (no clients yet), there's the
usual screen, with one addition...

## LCDproc Server ##
Clients: 0
Screens: 0#

That last '#' represents the last printed position (i.e., where the
cursor probably is), and is a solid block. It happens every time.
Running the 14-month-old version does not produce this errant block,
ever.

>From browsing the CVS tree, I can see that there were a number of
substantial changes between those two dates. Hopefully debug mode
will shed some light on what's being sent to the display. It's
probably a simple missing "if (IS_VKD_DISPLAY)" or some default that's
fine for LKDs but not VKDs.

More information as I get it.

-ethan