[Lcdproc] Robin Adams' SED1520 hardware webpage gone

  • From: ethan.dicks AT gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Robin Adams' SED1520 hardware webpage gone
  • Date: Thu Dec 6 19:24:01 2007

Hi, all,

I am finally getting around to hooking up that AX6120AA/SED1520
display I mentioned back in July. I went digging for the schematics
for an LPT interface and found that the place that held the schematics
for years, even up to this past Summer, is gone -
http://www.usblcd.de/lcdproc/ Fortunately, archive.org had a copy and
I have in hand what I need to hook up my display. Unfortunately,
since that particular page is referenced at the top of sed1520.c, it
will be of no help to someone else who happens to have a SED1520
display and goes looking for documentation on how to build the
interface.

So... I don't mind doing the work, whatever 'the work' entails, but
how and where should we document the SED1520-LPT connection technique?
In the docs with ASCII art? Off of the lcdproc.org webpage with
Eagle schematics and GIF/PNG files? Elsewhere?

Suggestions?

-ethan

  • [Lcdproc] Robin Adams' SED1520 hardware webpage gone, Ethan Dicks, 12/06/2007