[Lcdproc] [patch] fix memleak in picolcd

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [patch] fix memleak in picolcd
  • Date: Sat Nov 17 17:12:02 2007

Hi Nicu,

On Friday, 16. November 2007, Nicu Pavel wrote:
> I attached a small patch that fixes a memory leak in picolcd driver in
> picoLCD_get_key function.
>
> Please apply.

Thanks for the patch.
I committed it to CVS.

> Also we will have another LCD product a 20x4 character LCD but
> hardware and usb communication has changed.
> What will be the best way to integrate the new driver in lcdproc:
>
> 1. Add a new set of functions in picolcd.c or
> 2. Make a new driver picolcd2.c which will work for the new device

Well, that depends how much the two devices differ in their
command set.
If the command set is rather similar I prefer folding the
support for the 2 devices into one driver as it is done
with a lot of other drivers.
If there is no way to distinguish the displays using software
you can always add a configuration option named "Type", or
something similar.

Thanks for supporting LCDproc
Peter

--