[Lcdproc] hd44780: Datavision 40x4 display - timing problem?

  • From: sexandvodka AT gmail.com (Dmitry E. Mikhailov)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780: Datavision 40x4 display - timing problem?
  • Date: Sat Sep 15 17:33:03 2007

> > I'm a happy owner of Datavision DV40400 40x4 display,
> > HD44780-compatible, ?
> > chipset is AFAIK "Samsung KS0066".
>
> Have you tried the "ExtendedMode=Yes" switch by
> removing the "#" sign for this option in the [hd44780] section ?
>
> Regards,
> Joris

Yes, I did try. The scrolling problem is the same and the top two lines are
shown incorrectly. So 'ext. mode' looks like a wrong option.

I think I tried every combination of options available. The problem is
somewhere else. It could be the new timing system (dynticks) of 2.6.21+
kernels or my current display with out-of-spec (too large) delay when
changing the active screen (EN1 -> EN2). Wiring is Ok. The LCDd's welcome
screen is displayed correctly. But fast moving info (heartbeat?) makes
*bottom part of* display SCROLL. How's that? I don't have an idea :)

May be try really SHORT (4 inch) wires to check if wiring is the problem...