[Lcdproc] Simple Serial module?

  • From: sknauert AT wesleyan.edu (sknauert AT wesleyan.edu)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Simple Serial module?
  • Date: Sat Jul 28 13:55:02 2007

Howdy, I have an HD47780 hooked up to a PIC so that one can display text
by simply echoing out to the serial port. While I have some scripts that
display information it would be nice to use lcdproc with this.

Is there already a module in lcd proc that can make use of this type of
hardware?

The hardware I would like to support is:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=258
and/ or
http://www.phanderson.com/lcd106/lcd107.html

If there is not a similar module, which module would be best to hack into
one? My guess would be the Matrix Orbital, but I haven't look too hard at
the code.

  • [Lcdproc] Simple Serial module?, sknauert AT wesleyan.edu, 07/28/2007