[Lcdproc] IMON Driver for OSX/Darwin

  • From: Phil.Taylor AT lansystems.co.uk (Phil Taylor)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] IMON Driver for OSX/Darwin
  • Date: Thu Jun 28 14:57:02 2007

Hi.

I have successfully modified the LCDproc IMON driver to use the
OSX/Darwin IOKit USB interface (well it is displaying what is sent to
it!). I worked out what was needed from the lirc_imon driver with
regards to data format etc.

It seems to work and be pretty stable (no crashes in over 24 hours
running LCDd+lcdproc) but I was wondering if there was anyone that has
an IMON device and a Machine running OS X 10.4.x (whether a real mac or
a hackintosh!!) that can test the driver with other hardware. I am
currently using the VFD from an Antec HTPC case and it seems to work
fine as far as I can tell . I am currently working on getting + and -
from the volume knob as well.

A couple of questions, I have #ifdef DARWIN for all of my changes to the
imon.c file but I also need to add " LDFLAGS = -framework
CoreFoundation -framework IOKit" to the Makefile in the server directory
and I cannot quite work out how to do it within the configure
architecture.

What are peoples thoughts about linking LCDd with the IOKit/Core
frameworks? I couldn't think of another way to do it....

If anybody would like to take a look at my changes (potentially with a
view to adding them to CVS) please let me know.

Cheers

Phil

---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This Email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender IMMEDIATELY; you should not copy
the email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other
person.

GENERAL STATEMENT:
Any statements made, or intentions expressed in this communication may not
necessarily reflect the view of the Company. Be advised that no content
herein may be held binding upon the Company or any associated company unless
confirmed by the issuance of a formal contractual document or Purchase Order.
Any Prices quoted are valid for ONE Business day only. Calls to LAN Systems
may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.

Lan Limited t/as Lan Systems is a company registered in England & Wales
(Registered Number: 3026720), our VAT Registration number is: 620 3796 50.

If you would like any information on the products and services offered by Lan
Systems, please visit our web site http://www.lansystems.co.uk

E&OE