[Lcdproc] HD44780 17-pins module trouble

  • From: holla.net AT gmail.com (Holla)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 17-pins module trouble
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 02:01:03 2007

Hello,

I am trying to interface a 20x4 module using 4bit
wiring. The module has the following markings ..

CASIL
CCM2040C VER2.0
CCM2040CSLS1
STMJ100104

This module has 17 pins and no documentation.
What do I do with the 17th Pin ? Right now the
pins 15,16 and 17 are not connected.

I just get two dark lines on the screen. The wiring is
known to work as I had tested with 16x2 module before.

>From the user guide this means the controller is
most likely to be defective. I just wanted to check
with the list before throwing this out.

Any help ?

holla

  • [Lcdproc] HD44780 17-pins module trouble, Holla, 06/18/2007