[Lcdproc] Re: LCDproc: Using config.h in clients/lcdproc/machine_*

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: LCDproc: Using config.h in clients/lcdproc/machine_*
  • Date: Sun Jun 17 19:01:01 2007

Hi,

On Sunday, 17. June 2007 19:54, Markus Dolze wrote:
> while working on an AMD64 port for FreeBSD I found that config.h is
> included after standard system headers in the machine depended files of
> the lcdproc client. This creates problems if system headers are to be
> included conditionally.
>
> I think the following files are affected:
>
> machine_FreeBSD.c
> machine_Linux.c
>
> For FreeBSD I tested it already, but I cannot test Linux.
>
> Should this be changed for all machine_* files?

Maybe we should distinguish a bit.

If possible the included headr files should be ordered like this:

- common standard header files

- config.h (protected by #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H)

- system specific header files depending on config.h's contents

- LCDproc's local header files (the #include "*.h" ones)

Do you consider this a sane solution that will help you ?

If you send a patch I' review it (& test it on Linux).

Thanks for supporting LCDproc
Peter
--
Peter Marschall
peter AT adpm.de

  • [Lcdproc] Re: LCDproc: Using config.h in clients/lcdproc/machine_*, Peter Marschall, 06/17/2007