[Lcdproc] hd44780 - New Module

  • From: cz+lcdproc AT onlineloop.com (Clemens Zauner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780 - New Module
  • Date: Thu Jun 14 14:30:03 2007

First of all: I hope that I did not reinvent the wheel.

After some googling, there seemed no module for the LCM-162 / hd44780
(The other ones did not work).

I therefore made up hd44780-lcm162.c / hd44780-lcm162.h and hooked
it into the 0.51 (From the FBSD Ports-collection). From a first
glance it seems to work (besides the keypad and some minor issues
with the backlight [I need to take a closer look on how these things
are integrated] )

sbdy else asked on this list about support some time ago:
<http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2006-December/011304.html>
The displays seem to be present in the Lanner FW7550A/B systems, as
well as in the Nexcom Blade Servers (the module is tested on Lanner).

Can somebody light me the way to submit the two files (In the meantime
I try to clean up the code a little bit)?

cu
Clemens.