[Lcdproc] LCDproc, FreeBSD, and amd64

  • From: drich AT employees.org (Dan Rich)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc, FreeBSD, and amd64
  • Date: Mon Jun 11 22:28:03 2007

Has anyone done any work to get LCDproc working under FreeBSD on the
amd64 version of the kernel? I see three problems at this point....
1. The port is only for i386 (easy to get around with a comment in the
makefile)
2. machine_get_battstat() in clients/lcdproc/machine_FreeBSD.c has
dependencies on apm, which isn't supported on the amd64 kernel -- again,
not too hard to fix with a bit of commenting (or #define if I wanted to
do it correctly -- which I'll do at some point soon).
3. This is the real kicker -- there doesn't appear to be any driver
support for my display. I'm running with a Cooler Master CM Media 260
case, which includes a usb VFD display. I see the device with usbdevs
-v, but there is no driver to load for it:
port 6 addr 2: low speed, power 100 mA, config 1, product
0xffdc(0xffdc), vendor 0x15c2(0x15c2), rev 0.00

Any thoughts?

--
Dan Rich
<drich AT employees.org>