[Lcdproc] compiler requirement

  • From: paul_c AT users.sourceforge.net (paul_c)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] compiler requirement
  • Date: Mon May 28 22:12:01 2007

Hi Peter

On Monday 28 May 2007 18:59, Peter Marschall wrote:
> I committed it to CVS with one exception:
> the the variable length array (VLA) feature of C99 is one I consider
> too good to replace it by malloc/free pairs.

Well... By some counts, gcc-2.95 supports VLAs, and indeed a small sample
compiles OK with or without -std=c9x - Yet disk.c fails. Passing c9x at
configure time leads to failures elsewhere that would take a while to
resolve.

Many projects have dropped gcc-2.95 as it is no longer being maintained, so
perhaps it is time to do the same here - Using AC_PROG_CC_C99 and throw an
error if ac_cv_prog_cc_c99=no would do the trick.

Regards, Paul.