[Lcdproc] HD44780 + Backlight

  • From: macce AT diod.net (Marcus)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 + Backlight
  • Date: Thu May 17 14:12:01 2007

Hello,

I have a lcd with a HD44780 controller and backlight. I am using the
Winamp-connection for the LCD:s data, the backlight is connected to
lpt-pin 17.

How do I tell lcdproc that it is connected there? The only thing about
backlight in the LCDd.conf and HD44780-section is if I have backlight or
not. Not where the backlight-switch is connected.

If I start lcdproc, the backlight starts twinkling on and off. If I stop
lcdproc, the backlight is steady on.
If I start lcdproc and connect to it with a client, the backlight
switches off until I stop the client, then it starts twinkling again.

Best Regards,
Marcus