[Lcdproc] new LCD.conf options: TitleSpeed & Heartbeat

  • From: uli.brueggemann AT gmail.com (Uli Brueggemann)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] new LCD.conf options: TitleSpeed & Heartbeat
  • Date: Sat May 5 18:06:01 2007

Peter,

ok. Now I can live with that. I have now understood how to modify
serverscreens.c to my needs.

Your idea is clear. Let at least one client live long enough. But maybe my
description was not clear enough:
First the server has to be started. It brings the hello message.
Then the first client starts with the client message.

But just before the client message is shown the server stops the hello
message and starts with the standard message. So the display is blinking
busily.
Finally the first client message comes up and may then stay forever
according to your idea.
So what I do not like is the message in between.
Anyway I have a workaround.

Best

Uli

On 5/5/07, Peter Marschall
<peter AT adpm.de>
wrote:

Hi,

> 2. The hello-message is ok. But when a client now send a new text for a
> short time the old server standard message is displayed. This is
> independant of the setting of ServerScreen in LCDd.conf. Is this really
> necessary? It would be better if the hello-message is simply overwritten
by
> the client's message.

No, I will not do that.

In the LCDproc client-server schmeme, client screens stay on the screen as
long as the client is connected and tells the server to display them.

Making exceptions for "the last screen of the last client" makes the
rendering section more complex (cause it does not know what "the last
screen"
may be and thus has to copy any screen update as long as only one client
is
connected) and breaks that straightforward logic.

The solution is simple: keep your client running as long as you want to
have
the client message shown on the display.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
peter AT adpm.de