[Lcdproc] new LCD.conf options: TitleSpeed & Heartbeat

  • From: uli.brueggemann AT gmail.com (Uli Brueggemann)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] new LCD.conf options: TitleSpeed & Heartbeat
  • Date: Wed May 2 11:19:01 2007

Peter,

now I have simply tried to compile the latest nightly tarball.
So ./configure ...[options] and the following make have run well.

As I use just LCDd with my own client it works fine now with all the new
features.

Two comments:
1. LCDd.conf of the latest download has TWO! identical sections for
definition of the DriverPath. This may give conflicts, especially when
editing at the wrong position. You change the path and it does not react. :)
2. The hello-message is ok. But when a client now send a new text for a
short time the old server standard message is displayed. This is independant
of the setting of ServerScreen in LCDd.conf. Is this really necessary? It
would be better if the hello-message is simply overwritten by the client's
message.

Best

Uli

On 5/2/07, Uli Brueggemann
<uli.brueggemann AT gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear Peter,

I would like to try the new version but I have limited knowledge about how
to install on my Gentoo system.

The simple
emerge -pv lcdproc
still shows me that I would get lcdproc-0.5.1-r4 only.

Can you help? I do not know how to build a package for portage. And I do
not know if a simple download plus compilation will do it.

Best

Uli

On 4/30/07, Peter Marschall
<peter AT adpm.de>
wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have updated LCDproc CVS a bit to add a few features that were
> requested
> quite recently.
>
> One was to be able to set the Heartbeat setting not only from the server
> screen, but also from LCDd.conf.
> Welcome the "Heartbeat" setting in hte [Server] section !!!
> It allows one of three values
> * off: turn off heartbeat; forbid clients to bumble with it
> * open: let clients set heartbeat
> * on: turn on heartbeat, forbit clients to change it.
>
> The other one was an option to delay the scrolling of the title lines
> or to disable the scrolling completely.
> This is achieved by the new LCDd.conf option TitleSpeed.
> As values it takes integers from 0 to 10, where 0 means no scrolling and
>
> 10 means fastest scrolling. All values in between slow scrolling down.
> Default is 10 which makes the scrolling behave as it was up to now.
>
> Please get it from CVS or tomorrow's nightly tar ball, test and report
> any
> issues (=problems, not wishes ;-) you find.
>
> Have fun
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Marschall