[Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released

  • From: rbu AT gentoo.org (Robert Buchholz)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released
  • Date: Mon Apr 30 12:07:02 2007

Am 27.04.2007 um 19:50 schrieb Ethan Dicks:
>> Of course another option is to contact the Geo::METAR owner on CPAN
>> urging him to up bring out an updated version of the package with
>> your
>> patches or to upload a noew version yourself [don't know if this
>> is possible
>> in CPAN] ;-)))
>
> I wrote Jeremy Zawodny about Geo::METAR a little while back. Koos,
> the author of the unofficial Geo::METAR v1.15 patch I posted a link to
> the other day, wrote Jeremy quite some time ago. He has yet to
> respond to either of us, and neither Koos nor I know how to get CPAN
> to accept module upgrades or reassign apparently abandoned modules to
> get any Geo::METAR patches into the CPAN repository.

CPANs policy is not to let you take over maintenance unless the author
does not respond for one year.
You might want to write to him, offering to take over the maintenance
work and help with the changes to be made on CPAN, all you need is his
consent.

See http://www.cpan.org/misc/cpan-faq.html#How_maintain_module for
details.

Regards,