[Lcdproc] Does picolcd/usblcd need libhid?

  • From: rbu AT gentoo.org (Robert Buchholz)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Does picolcd/usblcd need libhid?
  • Date: Sun Apr 29 17:03:01 2007

Hi,

the picolcd driver documentation points out that it needs libhid to run
the usblcd application shipped with the library [1] while it compiles
fine without it. Also, usblcd compiles fine without libhid installed.

Can any user oder dev please confirm whether the whole thing actually
works without libhid installed?
I cannot, as I do not (yet) own one of these devices, and the dependency
holds me back from updating lcdproc in Gentoo.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]
http://resources.mini-box.com/online/picoLCD%2020x2%20(OEM)/Software/Linux/SDKSource/usblcd-src-0.1.4.tgz

  • [Lcdproc] Does picolcd/usblcd need libhid?, Robert Buchholz, 04/29/2007