[Lcdproc] cliets question

  • From: foisys AT telus.net (justice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] cliets question
  • Date: Sun Apr 29 12:53:01 2007

Hi all, I have just recently bought a matrix orbital MX213 and installed
lcdproc. I love my new display and your prog. I have also just read or
well gazed over the development docs. Mind you I am not a coder,
although I want to be and thats part of the reason I got this device. I
have a few questions about how to wright some clients for this. First
off what language is most preferable to code in for the clients? I
notice the examples are in perl. I figure the best way to learn is to
start hacking some one else's code but, I will need help along the way
so If i could find out what the most common language used to communicate
to the LCDd server would help. also I hope this list is a friendly and
helpful list. also what ever lang is used I should at least read some
docs about it to get a grip. Thanks for any response to this and
hopefully I will be a contributer to this great project.

Thanks

Shawn

--
To Free Tux From The Gates And Windows Of The World
http://www.tuxliberationfront.dyndns.org:6556/