[Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released
  • Date: Fri Apr 27 16:17:04 2007

Hi,

On Friday, 27. April 2007 15:21, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On 4/27/07, Peter Marschall
> <peter AT adpm.de>
> wrote:
> > Here are the most important changes for LCdproc 0.5.2:
> > * new drivers:
> > + serialPOS: for text based serial Point of Sale displays
> > + hd44780/lcd2usb: connection type for Till Harbaum's LCD2USB
> > * updated drivers:
> > + MtxOrb: flush(), run-time configurable Brightness/OffBrightness
>
> I have a 20x2 PoS pole display. I'll see if my module is compatible
> with this driver.
>
> As for the rest, I can confirm that the lcd2usb driver works for me
> with one of the recent CVS nightlies with a 20x4 VFD and a 4x40 LCD

So you got a 2-controller display working on the lcd2usb driver ?
Cool !
I wrote the 2-driver support without having such a display, and hoped
for the best.

Thanks for the feedback: now I can update the docs accordingly.

BTW: Do you need to use vspan=2,2 ?

> (but the firmware for the lcd2usb MCU needs some tweaking for proper
> initialization of the VFD module; not an LCDproc issue). I will
> retest the lcd2usb and MtxOrb drivers under 0.5.2, since that's what I
> have on hand.
>
> > * updated clients
>
> I had been working on some enhancements and bugfixes (catching undefs
> with unusual but legally-formed METARs) for lcdmetar.pl, but didn't
> get things wrapped up in time. As soon as I straighten out some
> patch/upgrade issues with Geo::METAR.pm (v1.14 is rather old and has
> some problems with non-US METARs), I'll submit patches for a more
> robust lcdmetar.pl client.

Cool.

I have read your previous post about lcdmetar.pl, but did not get 'round to
write my ideas about the patches.

It would be great if your patches to lcdmetar.pl were independent of the
patches to Geo::METAR.
This way we can update lcdmetar.pl and provide the patches to Geo::METAR
in contrib/ for those users that want/need to upgrade their Geo::METAR.
If they (partially) depend on the Geo::METAR patches, we can add
the independent part to lcdmetar.pl directcly and add the other
parts as a patch in contrib/ next to the Geo::Metar patches

Of course another option is to contact the Geo::METAR owner on CPAN
urging him to up bring out an updated version of the package with your
patches or to upload a noew version yourself [don't know if this is possible
in CPAN] ;-)))

Peter

--
Peter Marschall