[Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released

  • From: ethan.dicks AT gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc 0.5.2 released
  • Date: Fri Apr 27 13:22:02 2007

On 4/27/07, Peter Marschall
<peter AT adpm.de>
wrote:
> roughly half a year after v0.5.1, the new shiny version v0.5.2 of LCDproc is
> officially out.

Excellent.

> Here are the most important changes for LCdproc 0.5.2:
> * new drivers:
> + serialPOS: for text based serial Point of Sale displays
> + hd44780/lcd2usb: connection type for Till Harbaum's LCD2USB
> * updated drivers:
> + MtxOrb: flush(), run-time configurable Brightness/OffBrightness

I have a 20x2 PoS pole display. I'll see if my module is compatible
with this driver.

As for the rest, I can confirm that the lcd2usb driver works for me
with one of the recent CVS nightlies with a 20x4 VFD and a 4x40 LCD
(but the firmware for the lcd2usb MCU needs some tweaking for proper
initialization of the VFD module; not an LCDproc issue). I will
retest the lcd2usb and MtxOrb drivers under 0.5.2, since that's what I
have on hand.

> * updated clients

I had been working on some enhancements and bugfixes (catching undefs
with unusual but legally-formed METARs) for lcdmetar.pl, but didn't
get things wrapped up in time. As soon as I straighten out some
patch/upgrade issues with Geo::METAR.pm (v1.14 is rather old and has
some problems with non-US METARs), I'll submit patches for a more
robust lcdmetar.pl client.

Cheers,

-ethan