[Lcdproc] GLK driver and a "GLK12232-25-SM" matrix orbital display

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] GLK driver and a "GLK12232-25-SM" matrix orbital display
  • Date: Fri Apr 27 13:22:01 2007

Hi,

On Friday, 27. April 2007 13:14, Peter Andersson wrote:
> Perhaps i should mention that my display is connected via serial port
> (/dev/ttyS0), just in case that might be the cause of my problems...

It has nothing to do with your setup.
It's the glk driver's fault: it does currently not support
setting custom characters.
And since the standard implementation for hbars and vbars in
LCDproc depends on custom characters, you only get the plain
vanilla text mode variants for hbars/vbars (similar to the
curses driver).

Since you got the hardware you are - depending on your coding skills -
in an ideal situation to write and test an extension of the driver that adds
this support.
I will happily accept patches to improve the driver.

BTW. I just found a little glitch in the driver that may have caused problems
with the bugnumber support. It will show up in tomorrow's tar ball.

Regards
Peter
--
Peter Marschall