[Lcdproc] [Patch] Update contrib/patches/lcdprocserverOPT.diff

  • From: peter.mccurdy AT gmail.com (Peter McCurdy)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Patch] Update contrib/patches/lcdprocserverOPT.diff
  • Date: Mon Feb 26 18:29:01 2007

I needed to use the contrib/patches/lcdprocserverOPT.diff patch for a
project I'm working on, and I've made a few fixes to it. Summary of
the changes:

* Now applies to lcdproc-0.5.1.
* The patch was created from outside the lcdproc directory, making it
easier to apply.
* CFontz633 boot messages can use both lines of the display: if you
specify a message longer than 16 characters, the second line gets set
to characters 17+.
* Now doesn't display empty menus - if you disabled the default LCDd
server menu (one of the features of the patch), you could still enter
the menus, but it would crash if you pressed the right arrow. It also
looked pretty funny. I figured the safest and easiest thing to do was
just to not display a useless menu.
* Let the server menu name be configurable in the config file with the
[menu]menuentryname="Menu Name" option in LCDd.conf.

Hopefully this all makes sense. In fact, is there any reason why this
whole patch shouldn't be applied to the main LCDproc tree? I've
tested that it works well, and it doesn't change any default
behaviour.

Here's a diff of my changes. Unfortunately, this is a diff of changes
to a diff file, which is a bit difficult to read, but interdiff gets
confused by the changed level of the patch.

Thanks.

Peter.