[Lcdproc] LCDd 0.5.1 eating almost alll CPU on Debian Etch

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDd 0.5.1 eating almost alll CPU on Debian Etch
  • Date: Sun Feb 25 18:20:02 2007

Hi Leandro,

On Saturday, 24. February 2007 15:27, Leandro Dardini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to upgrade my set-top-box from Debian-Sarge to Debian-Etch.
> Unfortunately the LCDd 0.5.1 process on the new operating system version
> seems to get a lots of CPU power, as you can see from the top shown
> below. I tried also the 0.5.0 version and it has the same behavior. Any
> idea?

Unfortunately you do not give very much information about your setup
(hardware: computer, LCD, software: configuration...) so that it is
very hard to give sensible advice.

It might be that your CPU is so slow and you send so much data to
LCDd that it really needs this much of the CPU.

You may try to compile the latest CVS to see if the problem is fixed there.

When compiling LCDproc from source you may also try to play a bit with the
various DELAY_* defines in server/drivers/timing.h.
Switching to a different delay type might help.

Hope it helps
Peter

--
Peter Marschall