[Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: matteo.pillon AT gmail.com (Matteo Pillon)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Sun Feb 18 16:42:01 2007

Hi Markus, sorry for the delay.

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 08:53:06AM +0100, Markus Schorer wrote:
> >>i'm not sure how to proceed:
> >>- it's no longer a normal "LoS", as the firmware _and_ protocol are
> >>heavily changed
> >
> >Send Erik the changes, so he can integrate them...
>
> as i said: this is something that doesn't integrate, it's kind of a replace.

> >>- the protocol is yet another variant of the ESC+X variants in
> >>hd44780-serial
> >>- i'd like to become it a generic serial interface for all bus-type
> >>controllers
> >>
> >>what do you think?
> >
> >I think, it's good, just publish the work (with patches), se we can
> >try it!
>
> do you have a los? what processor?

Erik sent me a los in order to write the driver. It's based on an
Atmel ATTINY2313V.

> my driver changes are in no way integrated in your protocol mechs. i
> would have to integrate it first. or would you like to do it? it's kind
> of your "driver".

As you see, I'm a lot busy right now... I don't recall any property on
the driver, I donated it to the lcdproc project ;-). Feel free to make
changes you like, only Peter can decide to approve your patches or not :-D.

Bye.

--
* Matteo Pillon
http://hydra.ilc.pd.it/~pmatthew