[Lcdproc] question to VLsys mplay vfd in Zalman case

  • From: jens.nixdorf.liste AT trackpoint.de (Jens Nixdorf)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] question to VLsys mplay vfd in Zalman case
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 19:19:01 2007

Am Montag, 12. Februar 2007 schrieb Peter Marschall:

> Right, this looks rather normal.
>
> Not having the hardware I cannot tell what the problem is.

So it seems that i dont get around to install Windows only for testing
the VFD. Hmpf!

> It is not necessarily said that you did something wring.
> It might be that they changed the protocol.
> Did you check at the VLsys web site ?

Yes, but they really suck (sorry), the only sentence you hear at any
question about Linux: "We are afraid that we dont support this.". Not a
bit of information. Btw the same at zalman.co.kr.

If i would knew this before i wouldnt buy this case.

> Peter
>
> PS: One hint maybe (from personal expierience/suffering ;-):
> /dev/ttyUSB0 is your display ofr sure ?

I know what you mean ;) Yes, ist the only thing connected to USB at all.
Unfortunately its at the internal plugs at the mainboard, so i dont want
to 'hotplug' it like normal USB-Plugs because i'm afraid of some
shortcuts or such things...

But nevertheless maybe i have to...

regards, Jens