[Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 21:15:02 2007

Hi Matteo,

your patches (except patch1) are committed to CVS and will be in tomorrow's
nightly tar ball.

Thanks for your support.

On Wednesday, 24. January 2007 17:56, Matteo Pillon wrote:
> Yes, the last is the method used by vdr-wakeup.
> You're right, backlight-escape + brightness is a better idea (even if
> setting the brightness it's not implemented in lcdproc yet, am I
> wrong, Peter?).
I guess you are wrong here ;-)

Have a loook at the
*_set_brightness(Driver *drvthis, int state, int promille)
functions in the drivers.
Drivers supporting these functions and having keys can even control the
brightness on-line using the built in server menu.

Some drivers use the get,set}_brightness() functions to set 2 different
brightness levels for the case when backlight(off) would make the display go
completely dark.
One level, the "offbrightness", is for the case backlight off and the
other one "brightness" is for the case backlight on.

See CFontzPacket.c for details [the code is easier to read than to explain ;-]

> Let me/us know how it's proceeding with los ;-).

Please Bernd and Markus test and report feedback.

Matteo,thanks for helping LCDproc

Regards
Peter

--