[Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 21:04:01 2007

Hi Frank,

On Monday, 29. January 2007 14:08, Frank Jepsen wrote:
> On Freitag, 19. Januar 2007 13:04 Peter Marschall wrote:
> > > Was the patch from <http://www.jepsennet.de/vdr/html/lcdproc.html>
> > > converted and integrated to the current lcdproc, i.e. the new unified
> > > serial sub-driver for hd44780?
> >
> > No, the patch has not been included into LCDproc 0.5.1 yet.
> > (Your mail is the first indication tat this patch exists ;-)
>
> Perhaps you and/or your colleages were a bit busy with switching to V5.0
> when I posted then patch back in 2004.

2004 was the time when I started using LCDproc.
Taking over maintainership came a lot later ;-)

> Because I never got some response I published the patch on my website at
> http://www.jepsennet.de/vdr/html/lcdproc.html.

> Here are the original posts:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.lcdproc/9244
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.lcdproc/9245
>
> [... code deleted ...]
>
> I hope this helps. As you can see backlight is switched with
> WAKEUPLCD_BLON 0xC8 and WAKEUPLCD_BLOFF 0xC9. Also the backlight is
> switched of when WAKEUPLCD_END 0xCF is received or no commands from
> LCDproc are received for three seconds. Then the display goes to offline
> mode where only time and date is displayed.

Ah, this explains why the backlight gets turned off after lcdproc stopped.
So, a simple client sending something every 1 or 2 seconds should keep the
backlight on.

> I am very pleased that my patch finally makes it into the CVS. I never
> had time to port my patch to the current LCDproc version.

The release for 0.4.5 has surely not made it easier to integrate it.
Even in September 2004 0.4.5 was long out of development.
But finally it is in CVS.

Would you mind to update the LCDproc page of your web site to the current
situation.

Further I'd like to link to the VDR-Wakeup page for documentation purposes.
Is this O.K with you?

Regards
Peter
--