[Lcdproc] Help on menus

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Help on menus
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 18:51:01 2007

On 29 Jan 2007 at 14:59, Jo=E3o Ramos wrote:

> I'm using a menu, and i wanted to display a screen with some information
> as a result of selecting a menu item. For instance, i defined menu item
> 'x' as an action, and when the action is triggered, i wanted to show a
> simple screen with some information. However, lcdproc doesn't seem to do
> that, even though i set the screen's priority to the maximum.

Hi,

You'll have set the menu_result to quit so that the menu goes away when
the menuitem is selected. Your client will receive a message that the
item was selected and you can respond to that with a command to show your
screen. This screen can already exist, and have priority "hidden". Now
that you want it to be visible, raise the priority of the screen to
"foreground" or "input" (depending on what you want to do with it). This
assures it also works together with other clients. When you want the
screen to disappear set it to "hidden" again. Other screens of you app
should just have the default "info" priority, or maybe "alert" at times
that they need to tell you something important (e.g. a disk monitor app
sees that you are almost out of disk space!).

Success,
Joris

--
Joris Robijn