[Lcdproc] lcd2usb

  • From: reinelt AT eunet.at (Michael Reinelt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcd2usb
  • Date: Sun Jan 28 16:05:01 2007

Hi Peter,

>> I'm quite sure it is *not* compatible. Till implemented a simple but
>> powerful and fast protocol, using usb control messages only.
>=20
> Then someone needs to write a new driver ;-)
I think so, too.

> But please don't expect me to write drivers for hardware I do not have.
I still have one or two spare PCB's here, and probably all the parts. If
you'd pay for the PCB (which I bought for about 10EUR from Till), I'd be
willing to donate such a beast to the LCDProc project. (I would even
solder it for you if you're not familiar with a soldering iron)

> If you have the hardware, I guess you are the fittest to write the code=
.

I'm afraid I dont have the time. I don't use LCDProc myself, and as the
maintainer of lcd4linux, I still have about 5-10 displays here waiting
for a lcd4linux driver :-)

But I can answer questions regarding protocol details if someone wants
to write a lcdproc driver (which should be really easy by copy&modifying
the bwct driver. I don't know the lcdproc driver internals, but
(re-)writing the lcd4linux driver took me about half an hour)

bye, Michael

--=20
Michael Reinelt
<reinelt AT eunet.at>