[Lcdproc] How to make 4 lines to 2 for lcdvc

  • From: dominik.pusch AT koeln.de (Dominik Pusch)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to make 4 lines to 2 for lcdvc
  • Date: Sun Jan 28 13:17:01 2007

Hello,
I've got a cheap hd44780 27x4 LCD.

With
Size=27x4
vspan=2,2
it works well. I want to use lcdvc to see my kernel messages. It works well,
but I can just see the first 27 Characters from each line. But I want to
display one line from vcs1 at two lines at the LCD. Is this possible?

I tried
Size=54x2
vspan=2,1

and
Size=54x2
vspan=1,2

But this dont work as I want. Neither I got just the first two lines nor I
got
four lins, but there are characters missing between first/second,
third/fourth line and the second an fourth line have just max.8 characters
and behave very strange.

Thanks in advance,
Dominik (please excuse my horrible english)