[Lcdproc] lcd2usb

  • From: reinelt AT eunet.at (Michael Reinelt)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcd2usb
  • Date: Sun Jan 28 12:41:02 2007

Peter Marschall wrote:
>> Is there some plan to add driver for LCD2USB? I made this LCD module for
>> USB. http://www.harbaum.org/till/lcd2usb/
>
> There are currently drivers shipped with LCDproc that allow attaching an
> LCD display via USB.
> E.g. the CFontzPacket drivers (for CrystalFontz displays CFA 631, 633 & 635.
> the IOWarrior driver for HD44780 compatible displays connected via an
> IOWarrior, the bwctusb ConnectionType for the hd44780 driver, ...
>
> Maybe USB2LCD is compatible with one of them.

I'm quite sure it is *not* compatible. Till implemented a simple but
powerful and fast protocol, using usb control messages only.

>> How to add support for this?
>
> See http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-dev.html#add-your-driver
> how to write a driver for this type of hardware.
>
> You may have a look at the other drivers above on details.

IIRC the bwct driver is quite similar, and you may have a look at the
lcd4linux driver (both the bwct and the lcd2usb) to get the idea about
the protocol.

HTH, Michael

--
Michael Reinelt