[Lcdproc] lcd2usb

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcd2usb
  • Date: Sun Jan 28 11:59:01 2007

Hi Pavol,

On Saturday, 27. January 2007 23:38, Pavol Lajciak wrote:
> Is there some plan to add driver for LCD2USB? I made this LCD module for
> USB. http://www.harbaum.org/till/lcd2usb/

There are currently drivers shipped with LCDproc that allow attaching an
LCD display via USB.
E.g. the CFontzPacket drivers (for CrystalFontz displays CFA 631, 633 & 635.
the IOWarrior driver for HD44780 compatible displays connected via an
IOWarrior, the bwctusb ConnectionType for the hd44780 driver, ...

Maybe USB2LCD is compatible with one of them.

If not I am happy about each new driver for LCdproc.

> How to add support for this?

See http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-dev.html#add-your-driver
how to write a driver for this type of hardware.

You may have a look at the other drivers above on details.

Hope it helps
Peter

--
Peter Marschall