[Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: bernd.buechs AT freenet.de (Bernd Büchs)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Thu Jan 25 21:51:03 2007

Am Donnerstag, 25. Januar 2007 15:44 schrieb Matteo Pillon:
> So, the bug is still unspotted... :-(
Well, I stabilized my LCDd.conf settings as good basis for the comming CVS=
=20
tests and I will try to get information on the vdr-wakeup "firmware". Both=
=20
may take a while, but I will follow-up on that.

As long as I avoid the lcdproc Load screen everything looks OK so far and t=
hat=20
the backlight is turned off when LCDd is stopped (by lcdproc "bug" or=20
mostlikely by vdr-wakeup "firmware") is a nice feature, I think.

So I am looking forward to the lcdproc-0.5.2 release with the new=20
ConnectionType "vdr-wakeup" whenever it is planned ;-).

Thank you Peter and Matteo!

> Yes, maybe you are right, when the serial port is closed, the board
> switches off the backlight... Makes sense ;-)
I will try to get further information about the vdr-wakup "firmware". I wil=
l=20
come back with information, when I have it...

> > I plan to start from "scatch" with the nightly CVS version on the weeke=
nd

> Ok, let us know...
Yes.

> No it's correct, Peter chose a way familiar to C programmers to
> represent the upper limit (excluded).
Ok!

> Try with (remember to use a terminal with iso8859-1 encoding):
> $ nc localhost 13666 (or telnet localhost 13666)
> hello
> screen_add test
> screen_set test -name test
> widget_add test text string
> widget_set test text 1 1 "=FC=F6=E4=DC=D6=C4"
I played with character maps, thanks to your nice telnet magic it was fun. =
I=20
figured for my LCD "Charmap=3DHD44780_default" being the optimum!

I recognized that LCDd.conf "Lastline=3Dyes" looked better than "Lastline=
=3Dno",=20
i.e. the especially lcdproc "BigClock" and "Load" screen.

LCDd.conf "Lastline=3Dyes" -> Backlight went off when the Load screen was l=
eft=20
to the next screen. [LCDd.conf "Backlight=3Dno"]

LCDd.conf "Lastline=3Dno" -> Backlight went off when the Load screen was le=
ft to=20
the next screen [LCDd.conf "Backlight=3Dno"] and=20
funny characters for the bargraph, e.g. a "clock symbol" or "triangel symbo=
l"

=46or all that I used lcdproc-0.5.1 + vdr-wakeup.diff (Peters patch) + patc=
h=20
(your first patch).

Regards

Bernd