[Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: ms AT plain.de (Markus Schorer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Wed Jan 24 07:24:01 2007

hi matteo,

i've just begun to use your los-panel connection-type.

Matteo Pillon wrote:
> limitations ;-). I also included backlight switching support.

regarding backlight switching:
your patch changes from backlight-escape + on/off-byte (which is needed
by los) to a code-on/code-off method.
i implemented pwm-backlight-control in los yesterday, so still am on the
escape+code track.
what direction will you go? should we change the los firmware or
reinsert the escape method?

i would like to have pwm-control on backlight, so a escape+brightness
method is the way to go for me.

markus
plain GmbH | daiserstrasse 15 | 81371 münchen
fon 089.540.149.0 | fax 089.540.149.44 | http://www.plain.de