[Lcdproc] lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module

  • From: bernd.buechs AT freenet.de (Bernd Büchs)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD44780 on k-data wake-up 2.0 module
  • Date: Thu Jan 18 20:56:02 2007

Hello lcdproc list,

I got my wake-up 2.0 module <http://www.k-data.org/> working with patched
lcdproc-0.4.5. I used the patch that can be found on
<http://www.jepsennet.de/vdr/html/lcdproc.html>.

I was using "ConnectionType=3Dseriallcd" in that setting.

=46or use of airlcd <http://airlcd.sourceforge.net/> I have upgraded to
lcdproc-0.5.1. Unfortunately I did only get garbadge on my LCD (some words =
or
part of it are readable, the backligth switchs randomly on and off). I
experimented with different "ConnectionType" and other settings but nothing
worked...

Is there a chance to get the combination lcdproc-0.5.1 and serialized HD447=
80
on k-data wake-up 2.0 module working. May be I am missing just some nice
setup data?!

Was the patch from <http://www.jepsennet.de/vdr/html/lcdproc.html> converted
and integrated to the current lcdproc, i.e. the new unified serial sub-driv=
er
for hd44780?

Regards

Bernd B=FCchs