[Lcdproc] LCDproc with a GUI?

  • From: epooch AT cox.net (Eric Pooch)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc with a GUI?
  • Date: Wed Nov 29 07:06:03 2006

Nick,

I don't think you will find much out there with a Mac OS X GUI for LCDs.
Hardware Monitor:
http://www.bresink.com/osx/HardwareMonitor.html
can display to IOWarrior or FTDI RS232/USB chips.

I made a Growl (http://www.growl.info) plugin to display to my own HD44780 displays using Belkin USB to parallel adapters. It uses the System prefernces and has a decent UI, but is only made to use my USB LCD Kit.

I also just finished a Growl plugin to send notifications to LCDproc:
http://home.sandiego.edu/~epooch/
You still would need a properly configured LCDproc server though.

I may work on a user interface for Mac and contribute it to the project if there is any interest.

--Eric

Does LCDproc support a gui? Do you know of any that do?

I'm on a mac.

--
Nick Hesson