[Lcdproc] I2C-LCD with 2 enable lines

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] I2C-LCD with 2 enable lines
  • Date: Sun Nov 12 09:05:02 2006

Hi,

What type of display (manufacturer, modell) do you have? How many colums does
this display have, 20 or more? 20x4 displays usually do not have a second
enable line.

AFAIK, the hd44780 driver (and it's i2c wiring driver) do only support
vertically spanned displays. That is two or more displays which are arranged
vertically to create a virtual display with more lines.

Does anybody know if the i2c wiring supports several displays connected to
i2c port?

Or am I wrong and the i2c-driver is something different than hd44780 with i2c
wiring?

Regards
Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------