[Lcdproc] Custom characters - hd44780

  • From: denx.lcd AT gmail.com (denx denx)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Custom characters - hd44780
  • Date: Thu Nov 9 16:11:02 2006

Hi all!

I just started to explore the LCDproc. I have to include a hd44780 hardware
into my quite complex linux system.

The LCD hardware is a 16x2 size hd44780 based display with winamp wiring and
4x4 keypad. Is it any official way to display custom fonts on it? I don't
want to write a new driver for the LCDd for only this reason!
I've read the documentation of the program and as I see the TCP/IP
connection would be enough for me, but I've nowhere found how can I send
custom characters to the device - but this may be my fault...
The target language is hungarian and there are a lot of non-standard ASCII
character is needed but 8 is probably enough.

Thanks for help!

Best regard:
denx